Left to right: Five-year winner John Tenley, AAMS®, CRPC®; 2019 winners Tyler Schelhaas, CFP®, and Robert Lawson, CPA, CFP®; Five-year winners Sharon Calhoun, CFP®, ChFC, and Thomas Fee, Managing Partner; Todd Stueve; Joe Grochowski, CFP®, ChFC®
We are pleased to announce that Sharon Calhoun, Robert P. Lawson, Tyler Schelhaas and John Tenley have won a 2019 Five Star Wealth Manager award!
Five Star Professional has recognized an outstanding group of Twin Cities-area wealth managers in 2019. Five Star Wealth Managers are named using an in-depth research methodology that includes ten objective criteria.
Award Criteria and Research Disclosures
3,504 Twin Cities-area wealth managers were considered for the award; 671 (19 percent of candidates) were named 2019 Five Star Wealth Managers.
Five Star Professional uses its own proprietary research methodology to name outstanding professionals, then works with publications such as MPLS.St.Paul Magazine and Twin Cities Business to spread the word about award winners. The Five Star Wealth Manager award, administered by Crescendo Business Services, LLC (dba Five Star Professional), is based on 10 objective criteria.
Eligibility criteria – required:
1. Credentialed as a registered investment adviser or a registered investment adviser representative;
2. Actively licensed as a registered investment adviser or as a principal of a registered investment adviser firm for a minimum of 5 years;
3. Favorable regulatory and complaint history review (As defined by Five Star Professional, the wealth manager has not; A. Been subject to a regulatory action that resulted in a license being suspended or revoked, or payment of a fine; B. Had more than a total of three settled or pending complaints filed against them and/or a total of five settled, pending, dismissed or denied complaints with any regulatory authority or Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process. Unfavorable feedback may have been discovered through a check of complaints registered with a regulatory authority or complaints registered through Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process; feedback may not be representative of any one client’s experience; C. Individually contributed to a financial settlement of a customer complaint; D. Filed for personal bankruptcy within the past 11 years; E. Been terminated from a financial services firm within the past 11 years; F. Been convicted of a felony);
4. Fulfilled their firm review based on internal standards;
5. Accepting new clients. Evaluation criteria – considered:
6. One-year client retention rate;
7. Five-year client retention rate;
8. Non-institutional discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered;
9. Number of client households served;
10. Education and professional designations. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of Five Star Wealth Managers. Award does not evaluate quality of services provided to clients. Once awarded, wealth managers may purchase additional profile ad space or promotional products. The Five Star award is not indicative of the wealth manager’s future performance. Wealth managers may or may not use discretion in their practice and therefore may not manage their client’s assets. The inclusion of a wealth manager on the Five Star Wealth Manager list should not be construed as an endorsement of the wealth manager by Five Star Professional or this publication. Working with a Five Star Wealth Manager or any wealth manager is no guarantee as to future investment success, nor is there any guarantee that the selected wealth managers will be awarded this accomplishment by Five Star Professional in the future. For more information on the Five Star award and the research/selection methodology, go to fivestarprofessional.com.
2018: 2,622 considered, 591 winners; 2017: 2,304 considered, 836 winners; 2016: 2,083 considered, 854 winners; 2015: 2,673 considered, 825 winners; 2014: 1,931 considered, 844 winners; 2013: 2,151 considered, 863 winners; 2012: 1,256 considered, 624 winners.
vwm20190102Return to blog
Vector Wealth Management is a registered investment adviser. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Investments involve risk and, unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Be sure to first consult with a qualified financial adviser and/or tax professional before implementing any strategy discussed herein. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.